Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine Day is almost here! Our annual celebration on October 24 will be here soon. It is the day that we recount our profession’s strides towards breaking barriers and the treatment of underserved communities. This year’s Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine Day presents an important and unique opportunity. 2021 Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine Day celebration events will focus on multiple aspects of the medicine:
- Town Hall “Medicare of our Seniors” Bill
- Town Hall “Evolving Stronger Together” (What’s in a Name? The Journey to Naming Our Profession)
- AHM Day Presidential and State proclamations
- AHM Day Instagram Photo Contest
1. Town Hall “Medicare of our Seniors” Event is scheduled for Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 4PM Pacific/5PM Mountain/6PM Central/7PM Eastern. Please register at ASA and NCCAOM® Town Hall on Medicare: September 30, 2021 Registration. Hear from U.S. Representative Judy Chu, as well as ASA and NCCAOM leadership about H.R. 4803’s potential impact on the profession, next steps for the bill, and how your involvement can make a difference.
2. Town Hall “Evolving Stronger Together” Event is scheduled for Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 4PM Pacific/5PM Mountain/6PM Central/7PM Eastern.
Throughout the past few decades, the name of our profession has had many manifestations: Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, East Asian Medicine, Oriental Medicine, Asian Medicine, etc. In this webinar, we will share the history of our profession in the United States in order to frame the conversation about our naming. We will explore the names of our field through the lens of history, cultural humility, and advocacy. We want to engage our whole profession (practitioners, students, teachers, administrators, institutions, vendors, etc.) in this endeavor. Come join us as we begin the constructive dialogue in naming our profession!
3. AHM Day Presidential and State proclamations. NCCAOM and ASA submitted a request for Presidential proclamation to recognize October 24 as Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine (AHM) Day. ASA is working with states on state proclamations. All approved state proclamations are posted on the AHM Day website as well as on ASA and NCCAOM websites.
4. The Instagram Photo Contest 2020 is open for your video submissions. We urge you to promote your practice by submitting one or more pictures, from the categories of:
- Treating underserved communities
- Education (Public Awareness or Mentoring)
- Breaking Barriers (establishing acupuncture in new venues or increasing access or promoting state legislation)
All approved entries will be posted to all our social media channels. The winning photos will be posted on the NCCAOM, ASA and AHM Day websites and featured in our AHM Day Town Hall meeting. Winning Photo entries will also receive a free voucher towards NCCAOM Certification, NCCAOM Recertification, or NCCAOM Exams.
5. Marketing Opportunities As part of an effort to raise public awareness to the progress, promise and benefits of acupuncture and Chinese medicine, Acupuncture Media Works and AcuPerfect Websites is offering an AHM Day Marketing Kit and raffling a FREE Premium Acupuncture Website. Spread the news in your community that acupuncture works and attract new clients along the way
For more details and participation Click here.
Be the voice, be the bridge, be the change. Be a part of Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine Day, 2021.