The NCCAOM & ASA Acupuncture Medicine Cultural Competency Task Force was formed to address issues of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within our profession. This committee is co-chaired by NCCAOM Board member and former Chair, Afua Bromley, MSOM, LAc, Dipl Ac (NCCAOM) & ASA Board member, LiMing Tseng, MAcOM, LicAc, Dipl OM (NCCAOM). In addition to sharing the results of our Cultural Competency survey, we are delighted to present the following experts as we navigate the DEI conversation at this Town Hall.
FOR ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION
On the topic of health equity and people of color, we would like to present an opportunity to learn about the historical events of Lincoln Hospital and how the Black Panthers and the Young Lords used acupuncture to support their community in the 1970’s. How the Young Lords Took Lincoln Hospital, Left a Health Activism Legacy.
Additionally, The People’s Detox, a movie directed by Jenna Bliss, is available for limited time viewing on Monday August 17th (starting at 8PM EDT) through August 19th.
- While registering, please enter your legal First and Last Name;
- The NCCAOM ID# cannot contain any characters, letters or leading zeroes, it may have from 3 to 6 digits ONLY;
- If you don’t have your NCCAOM ID# or do not remember it, please leave the field blank;
- All attendees must login into the live session through “Join Webinar” link they receive after completing the registration form;
- All attendees logged into the Town Hall live session via “Join Webinar” link will receive two (2) PDA point for attending. (Phone attendance not recognized or tracked by the system)
- To ensure proper attendance: attendee must be able to see the Town Hall Presentation and the dashboard for asking questions on their device.
- Attention family and friends: If you intend to receive a certificate of completion for two (2) PDA point, each of you (family or fiends) must be logged into the live session on a separate device. You can watch the presentation together, but each attendee must be logged into the session separately.
- Certificates of completion are distributed within two weeks of the event date.